1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The grift of the MAGA

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

GOP: “We’re going to use The Big Lie to protect The Base!”

The Base: “LOLWUT? Nope!”

On Saturday, CNN reported that the right-wing conspiracy theory that the rioters who invaded the U.S. Capitol on January 6th were a false flag planted by "Antifa" activists is being heavily disputed by members of the Capitol riot themselves.

"Many of the alleged rioters facing charges also embraced this conspiracy," reported Marshall Cohen. "But according to a CNN review of court documents, nearly a dozen defendants have explicitly pushed back, saying that they and other Trump supporters deserve the credit for storming the Capitol -- not Antifa."

One accused Capitol rioter, Jose Padilla, posted to Facebook, "There's a lot of memes and posts flying around saying that the people who were fighting last night were all Antifa provocateurs etc. I just want to say that as a first hand observer of every point of last night, that it was not Antifa. They were Patriots who were trying to Restore the Republic." Jonathan Mellis, another accused rioter, wrote, ""Don't you dare try to tell me that people are blaming this on antifa and BLM. We proudly take responsibility for storming the Castle."

Several Republicans have tried to blame the riot on left-wing provocateurs, with Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey calling the attack a "hoax" and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) saying that fake Trump supporters were responsible for the violence in an otherwise "festive" protest of the election results.​

GOP's attempt to blame Capitol insurrection on Antifa is being blown apart by Capitol rioters: report

garrow likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's just like those religious cults predicting the end of the world. The last time I was on news side and a reporter wanted to interview some of the true believers, I took one from a friend and suggested he ask if they'd sign over any real estate or bank accounts they held. I don't think they followed through.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The best! Is yet! To come!

ftfm: fixed that for me

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    matt_garth and garrow like this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Trump's "worst-casing:"
    2/2/20: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

2/10/20: “I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”

2/10/20: “Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

And so on, and so on. Yep, the leader of our country, who controlled the Covid Task Force and the CDC, was really "worst-casing" it from Day 1. Americans looked to their "leader" for truth and good advice on how to deal with this plague. They got neither, 24/7.

Timeline of Trump’s Coronavirus Responses

lakefront and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

This is really, really bad. Seriously un-good.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kimberly will be under desk, milking the trumprostate. No slut shaming and she deserves some credit for getting that many men to fuck an ugly old hag

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Iran v Saudi Arabia. I’m rooting for Iran. I’ll take the Persians over the Bedouins.
    As someone whose formative foreign entanglements were the Yom Kippur War followed by Arab Oil Embargoes and OPEC. That Saudi Arabia was the financial backers of most militant Muslim terrorism and the PLO. All to fuck Jews and ISRAEL ANDkeep the militants from revolting in the Kingdom.

Iran’s prime sin is the hostage crisis, but Reagan was complicit in extending it. And America is responsible for the Shah.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

WE (sj.com) were "worst-casing" it from Day 1.

Thus, we didn't need our "leader" to tell us how serious it was. Yet we were still walking around with faces uncovered and going to restaurants . . . until we were ordered not to.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

She's probably fun at parties.

Draft saved Draft deleted