1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bobert is too stupid to pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel. I mean, she’s for real stupid.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mitt Romney is a liberal Republican, isn’t he? And Democrats blasted the hell out of him in 2012.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Compared to the fascists of today? He’s a traditional Republican. But fascists ain’t got time for traditional. What else does coffee guy got?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're not the same. But I was asked to "do" the GOP's small tent. And the truth is the GOP always had a pretty small tent.

I'm going to comment on the current party in power sometimes without providing the disclaimer than the GOP is worse. It is worse, but I'm not going to say that every time.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Mitt Romney described himself as “severely conservative” in 2012. How dare Democrats reject that!

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is he? I dunno. I didn't vote for him. I voted for the Democrat, Obama, who was apparently actually a Republican, according to Az. Do you think Obama was a Rockefeller Republican?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

No
    He isn’t the man his father was

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes. Pushing us toward a totalitarian regime is totally the same as paying people for the evils of slavery.

Piss off.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Did the wall get built? Did DACA end? Was Obamacare repealed and replaced? Did we lock her up?

What a crappy totalitarian Trump was. Just another overused word coming from people in a country that have never experienced even the fringes of it, let alone the real thing.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given that most of your posts criticize Democrats, downplay the awful things done by Republicans, and/or mirror Republican talking points, yet you keep trying to sell this false narrative about your own political leanings, I'm going to stand by calling you a troll.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They were firmly shoved toward the exits during the Reign of Reagan.

Milliken was a strongly pro-environment, pro-education, choice-tolerant Republican. Today he'd be a borderline radical Democrat.

He retired in 1982, after three full terms (plus a half term after succeeding George Romney who resigned to join the Nixon Cabinet) when the early waves of the Reaganaut "I don't wanna pay no taxes for nuthin'" lunatics began infiltrating the state.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted