1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm sure Tucker will wind up somewhere, but it won't be a cable network, which is good. The crazies will find him no matter where he goes, but the simply misguided won't be exposed to him.
    I don't know how many of those types watched him anyway, though. My dad was all Fox News all day, but he never watched their nighttime programming. Once 4:30 hit, he was on local channels.

wicked likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Who cares what any of these fools earns. Carlson was born a zillionaire, it hardly matters.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the "prestige" of Fox News meant a lot to him. Newsmax? OAN? He's just another bomb-thrower without Fox News. And you think he really wants to hang out with the crazies? Take their phone calls? He always seemed to try to pass himself off as an intellectual.

Still a classic.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So does being POTUS.

wicked likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Carlson last seen outside Giggles comedy club with Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly starring in "Who Killed My Career?"

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Carlson fired from three networks. That’s quite a feat.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The way I was thinking about it was that being POTUS didn't actually require any real work for him. He was never prepared, never studied about anything, could pick and choose what he wanted to do. ... there were people around him working maybe, but he just had to show up and for four years, he could bullshit, contradict everyone around him, and it made absolutely no difference. There was nobody to fire him for incompetence or idiocy.

In the case of hosting a show in that time slot on Fox. ... you need to be able to come up with a theme / topic every night, be able to write what you are going to say for an hour, and you need to prep for interviews every day. If he tried to go on the air and just bullshit it wouldn't fly. He'd be working for someone else for once, unlike when he shows up at one of those rallies and rambles off the top of his head for an hour. And they'd yank him from the air.

Doing that show requires actual work.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Here's wishing Tuckums has one hell of a Christmas ...

Driftwood likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll vote for the first candidate who concedes, "Hell, no, this isn't the most important election of our lifetimes. We're not at war with a genocidal madman . . . or in an arms race with a nuclear superpower that controls 10% of the world's population . . . or having to deal with terrorist bombings on our city streets. . . . or teetering on the brink of a worldwide economic collapse. So chill out. I'll try to fix the minor messes we've gotten ourselves into."

Draft saved Draft deleted