1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

He also apparently missed the birth of his twins since he was in the hospital, getting chest augmentation surgery.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nod. That was why Don, Jr. came out against the boycott, which he was roundly pilloried for.

You live in a different world, where $5,000,000 is a "relatively small holding". Yes, I do understand that by comparison to, say, 42 billion in Twitter stock it's true... but that ain't my world.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL, chest augmentation surgery?
    I didn't even know that is a thing guys do.

He's not just an asshole; he's an incredibly vain asshole. Can we still call a guy a pansy?

wicked likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I mean why is Karrie Lake even still talking? Know when to shuffle off the public stage. At least know that much.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The holding was registered on the disclosure form as between $1 and $5 million. The story turned that into "up to $5 million."

It's not so much my world, it's Donald Trump's finances. Even with all of his BS about his wealth, he has ridden the presidency to a net worth that is likely $2, $3 billion.

If it's say a $3 million stock investment, 1) it's not like he was going to lose his whole investment due to the controversy, and the reality as it has turned out is that the controvery hasn't cost BUD shareholders anything. The stock is trading higher than where it was when all of this nonsense started. 2) If he had seen the benefit, he could have played it for millions of dollars of money to offset any hit he might have thought his stock holdings might take, by attacking Anheuser Busch and fundraising or selling some of his crap to the gullible.

I'll never deign to guess what Donald Trump is thinking when he acts (usually rashly), but I just automatically figured the angle would have had to do with political contributions.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Wait, they do that for guys?

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I never knew that was a thing, either. Sad stuff.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ask The Walt Disney Company how much a lifetime of backing the GOP buys when there’s a juicy scapegoat to offer the rubes.

wicked and Driftwood like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Be silent, when there's money to be made?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If they can make instant boobs and install ass and cheek fillers, they can make instant pecs as well. No sweat.

Liut likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I listened to a few minutes of the video that guy did about his divorce. He kept on talking about not wanting his kids to be in physical danger but didn’t explain why they would be. He also seemed very angry about the concept of no fault and blamed himself for choosing the wrong wife. Seems like a swell guy.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This crap won't end until people start taking matters into their own hands and make state legislators and judges afraid.

North Carolina Supreme Court clears way for partisan gerrymandering

The North Carolina Supreme Court has overturned its own past ruling that said partisan gerrymandering is illegal, clearing the way for Republicans there to redraw the state’s congressional lines in a way that heavily favors the GOP.

The ruling clears the way for North Carolina legislators to aggressively gerrymander the congressional map, which is currently represented by seven Democrats and seven Republicans.

The court issued a 5-2 decision, with the court’s Republican justices voting to overturn the past ruling and the two Democratic justices dissenting. The court flipped from 4-3 Democratic control to 5-2 Republican control during elections last November.

In a separate ruling, the court also overturned another one of its past decisions on a voter ID law, on a similar 5-2 split strictly along party lines. That ruling issued Friday will clear the way for a long-litigated photo ID law to go into effect in the state.

Republicans could snag as many as 11 seats under a new map.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted