1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

1/6 was a clown show in many ways, but it was still a threat.

Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're missing the point here. Of course a guy can win a state without 50 percent of the vote. But he might not get 270 electoral votes, which means it goes to the congressional delegations (I had said state legislatures before and that was wrong ... it's a vote of the state delegations in the U.S. House, with each state getting one vote).

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oregon just changed the name of Swastika Mountain.

And the very least, it appears Clarence Thomas was a "kept Justice." I think the problem with public servants is too many think that just because they wear nice clothes, they think the "belong" - not realizing that they are "the help" not " to the manor borne." The downstairs, not the upstairs.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I called this.

Fox News braintrust:

“What if Tucker…but hot?”

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A former co-worker and good friend of mine has a supervisory role in a governmental agency. When we go out to for food or drinks, he won’t let me pick up the tab because he doesn’t want the appearance of impropriety, even though I have no direct business before his agency. That is how you are supposed to do it.

Thomas seems fueled by resentment at the “establishment” which he thinks just views him as a black person. Yet at the same time, he never in a million years gets picked as the head of the EEOC if he’s white. In 8 years, he didn’t do a single notable thing (other than complain about black people and I guess sexually harass subordinates) and is rewarded with a spot on the DC Circuit and then almost immediately the Supreme Court. None of that happens if he’s white.

So he’s on the court, but thinks he’s only there because he’s black. So when a rich person tells him that he’s a great and smart guy who belongs at the table of power, that is a perfect opportunity for him to feel like he belongs. Not disclosing obvious potential conflicts of interest for him and his wife are a way for him to stick to those people who set up the rules in the first place.

Liut likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I remember when Kayleigh was an anti-Trumper on CNN. Or maybe I’m confusing her with another blonde young Republican woman.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

from the wiki:

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted