1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I honestly can't wait for DeSantis to be crushed by Disney. Don't we have some rule about ex post facto laws?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/polit...s-lawsuit-against-desantis-to-add-new-events/

The new complaint references legislation passed last week by Florida lawmakers that rescinds agreements that Disney and a previous oversight board consisting of Disney supporters made earlier this year, giving the entertainment giant control over design and construction at Disney World. The amended lawsuit also includes the new measure passed last week by Florida lawmakers giving the state authority to inspect Disney World's monorail system, which previously had been conducted in-house.
    Disney is the only company impacted by the new measure and it “was precision-engineered to target Disney alone, just as Governor DeSantis intended and previewed,” said the amended lawsuit.

From another source, it's explained:

On Friday, the final day of the state’s 2023 legislative session, DeSantis signed a bill that included language effectively targeting Disney’s development contracts. It precludes an independent special district “from complying with the terms of any development agreement” that is struck within three months before a law “modifying the manner of selecting members” of that special district’s governing body.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Heard an interview with NPR that said the "point" is to tie things up in court to keep DeSantis' Disney antics active - I guess he feels its a winner.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Voiceover:

"Donald Trump recently said that certain women weren't attractive enough to rape.....implying that some women WOULD be attractive enough for him to rape. He also said, in a deposition for his rape trial, that the attorney representing the woman accusing him of rape wasn't his type either. Donald Trump: bad for women....and everyone else."

HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We are a year away from the general election match-up likely being set - what are the odds it WON'T be Trump v. Biden. I think I'd put $100 against.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Bring the popcorn, bring the meatballs.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Donald Trump can rape me -- and my daughter -- anytime he wants, especially if he's holding an AK-47!" -- typical Republican voter.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Serious question: What's the best oil for a guillotine?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Pretty Princess

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Pennzoil" -- Arnold Palmer

Twirling Time and Tighthead like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted