1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, you gotta see this. Look at this guy's shirt. Look at how he's painted his storefront. Then there's "I was just there to support my President, I didn't even know we were going to the Capitol that day".

He's a full-on Q Loony.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Katie Hill is probably a better example.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

If I understand this correctly his estate has withdrawn books that they are concerned may be offensive. This was a business decision *they* made.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yeah but this has been building for a while. One of my furthest left friends, a crunchy Montessori mom, has been beating this drum on Facebook for years now.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

I guess I need to find the box with all my son's children's books and head to Ebay stat.

There's polite PC and then there's PC run amok.

HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

These people are nuckin' futs.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Goodnight Moon is being banned as promoting pagan rituals.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

And the Mr. Men and Little Miss book series has antiquated gender thinking, no doubt...

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

A not so fun fact about Geisel:
    Seuss had an affair with a neighbor while his wife -who supported and encouraged him to pursue a career in art- was dying of cancer. When she discovered this, she committed suicide.
    What's sauce for Gingrich is sauce for Geisel.

It has been reported that Geisel loathed and feared children. His second wife, who had two daughters from her first marriage, sent them to boarding school to make Teddy happy.

I am not in a good mood, so it's difficult to give the old jackass much leeway. I've walked away from a few Ted Geisels in my life. No amount of brooding genius twisted around a blackened, desiccated simulacra of a heart is worth it.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Because who among us hasn't had an affair with a neighbor? (Try though we might.)

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When my grandma was dying of cancer, my gramps was banging his neighbor. They got married and she got all of the money when he died.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yeah

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted