1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How is that going to work? Kids can graduate HS this year and come back next year for sports only? Or a kid has to take a class and come back next year to play? Kid will ‘work’ at the local dealership during the day and get off just in time for practice and games

tea and ease and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Same with the rising seniors in college. UAB has eight starters playing the extra year. Slots that were supposed to have been open aren't.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is in addition to Kentucky fourth-graders being eligible for high school basketball.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

At least the amphitheatre generated revenue for the state, showcased trained performers.

I never was crazy about my kids reading Seuss because I wanted them learning real words- don't give two squirts of piss about anything further than that

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Do what Trump did with John Ratliffe: Nominate someone who's even more batshit, pull that guy's name back and then renominate Ratliffe. Of course Biden doesn't have a Rick Grennell hanging around like Trump did and not that Tanden approaches that level of insane.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  7. heyabbott

Texas: “It’s cold and we have bad weather. We intentionally fucked up our energy grid to make money for private utility businesses. Send us federal tax money NOW. People all over the country need to pay us.”
    Also Texas “ Masks? We don’t need no stinking masks”

8. heyabbott

Tanden is now Chief of Staff to new budget director Diane Feinstein, who on day 2 will take indefinite medical leave. Garret Newsome appoints himself Senator to finish out her term.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Joshie Raisedfist votes for Team Biden

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Flew in just for games.

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna and heyabbott like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

At least stick with the bit until the end

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can we stop kidding ourselves that Biden has any kind of sway with the Senate because of his time there? Honestly, don't know who ticks me off more, the Dems for not following through on their campaign pledges, or me believing they'd actually get it done.
    Can we at least get some new D Senators to fall for Lucy pulling the ball away at the last second. I'm tired of Schumer et. al. This was the first "big" vote of the Biden Administration and for them to whiff this big has to have some consequences.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted