1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Same. No one ever recognizes I'm from the South until I get a couple of cocktails in me.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That's weird. The drunker I get the more Scottish I sound. :)

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Christopher Kise, when hired by Trump, took a $3m retainer up front. He advised Trump to simply return the document, as he was sure that if they were the charges would be dropped. Trump listened to other people and refused. Kise resigned, took his $3m and left.

He looks like a smart attorney to me.

I just found out that Kise is the local lawyer who appeared at Trump's arraignment. Bet that felt sweet.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  4. Twirling Time

Never heard of Kise until about 48 hours ago, but Kise is the smartest lawyer to represent Twitchy yet.

He took his money up front.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Someone smarter than me please tell me how and why so-called Constitutional originalists like to bypass not only U.S. precedent, but the freaking original Constitution, and go back hundreds of more years to cases and scholars in British law to justify their decisions.

franticscribe, Driftwood and garrow like this.
  6. Twirling Time

"Originalists" really want to hark back to the 10 Commandments, or alternatively the Book of Leviticus.

Kato likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It just screams to me whenever they do it, "Oh, so you're not even going to try to hide what a phony you are."

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I can have an informed conversation with farmers on the feed loading dock at the Co-Op or with New York art dealers. I've done it.
    Several years ago I complimented our band director on a piece of music the kids had played.
    "You not only know the piece but the movement? But, but, but... you're a sports guy!"
    "Yes. I'm a well-educated sports guy."

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As the saying goes, my customer service voice went to Harvard.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

garrow likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Republicans want Trump’s rivals to face at least the same level of legal disgrace as he does. But their demand for equality of outcome is impossible in the context of a system that applies the law fairly. Trump is going to have worse legal outcomes than normal politicians or FBI staffers do, because they’re not crooks and he is. Tearing down judicial neutrality, and turning the whole machine into a nakedly partisan mechanism, is Republicans’ resolution to this unbearably humiliating state of affairs."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...nt-a-nakedly-partisan-justice-department.html

Draft saved Draft deleted