1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I get that, but water breaks -- even on a more-frequent-than-scheduled basis if needed -- really are a thing in the work force. Workers can make an issue of it, legitimately, and have OSHA on their side, every time.

I know in my Walmart store, managers would not deny water to anyone who might need it, whenever they need it. And certain positions -- cart associates, the unloading and backroom crew -- actually have bottled waters provided to them, readily available and re-stocked in nearby ice buckets as needed. Usually, we just "store-use" broken-open packs of the bottled waters that the store receives for sale. Even cashiers, who don't typically have water provided for them, are allowed to have bottled water at their registers, and people can use the couple drinking fountains in the store as needed.

OSHA fines can be stiff and hard-hitting, and it will respond to safety issues brought to its attention. Report to it on a free, confidential line at 1-(800)-321-OSHA (6742).

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It probably has, but by nutjobs like the John Birch Society about kennedy, not a reputable source like a former Secretary of Defense.

garrow likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dollars to doughnuts, it's already happened.

And fuck you, Esper, you would've willingly participated in the attempted coup if you hadn't been fired.

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Trump will tweetscreech that the guy is a traitor and fired him because he was untrustworthy, or a horrible person, etc.
    And the base will nod their collective heads along with a sieg heil.

Tarheel316 and garrow like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The rest of it is damning.

But I found myself wanting to know more about that last paragraph. I guess I'll have to read Esper's book.

9. Twirling Time

Stunning. Imagine that, officials stonewalling subpoenas till the book drops.

wicked likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't advocate for a strict limitation on what should be reported. Social media is great for a more access to opinion, but why is this being pointed out?

At some point it's meaningless to mention it. What point do people think they are making? RFK, Jr is a loony, they don't like Jordan Peterson? Tell me something I didn't know.

On the Media has this discussion every month. How or why should fringe discussions be reported. I don't really care and people just pointing them out without anymore thought to the debate is useless.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

A rare Texas Ledge instance this session where they decided to poke the brown bear. Gonna be something that's remembered in 2030 or so when the state flips.

Draft saved Draft deleted