1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dr. Sues

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Kyrsten Sinema used to be my Rep in the House. She's now a senator from my state. I have voted for her repeatedly because the alternative was a Trump nutcase.

But Kyrsten Sinema is a giant asshole and a complete embarrassment.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Driftwood likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Democratic Party is a grown-ass econ illiterate Senator cosplaying a pouty teenager.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

She thinks she’s being another McCain. I think she’s about to get a rude awakening back home.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL

matt_garth likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd like to think any Senator calling for the reading of an entire bill on the floor would be required to sit through the entire reading - but I know that probably makes as much sense as calling a filibuster without having to hold the floor. I have no problem with the filibuster, but the way the Senate does it takes away the risk (losing public support for your political future) and only provides reward (delaying a bill you oppose). Same with holds and other ways Senators muck things up without having to put their name out there.

bigpern23 and Kato like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Her, Marjorie, that rat face from Colorado. This country has an overabundance of self-centered white women who prance around like toddlers because they've never hear the word "no."

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Texas: Our insurrections will not be silenced!

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Not only that, if one of 100 senators thinks a bill needs to be read and it's entirety, the entire body should have to sit and listen to all of it. These fuckers have made a mockery of the Senate.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dems just can't STFU.

Rep. Ilhan Omar today said changes made in the Senate to the $1.9 trillion stimulus package passed out of the House now means it will deliver less for Americans than the previous package designed by Republicans and signed by former President Donald Trump.

Omar, a progressive Democrat, was referring specifically to a change made in the Senate that would narrow income eligibility for the next round of $1,400 stimulus checks, cutting off couples that earn $160,000 a year and individual people who earn more than $80,000 a year. The House legislation, which passed Saturday, set the income caps at $200,000 for couples and $100,000 for individuals.

"I see it as a really disappointing development," said Omar, speaking on CNN. "We obviously are now ultimately sending money to less people than the Trump administration."​

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And to be clear - she's a DEMOCRAT. She's making sure voters from both parties hate her guts.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Didn’t she start as a lefty?
    My impression of her is she doesn’t talk much but likes to draw attention to herself

Draft saved Draft deleted