1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I want to know what was said -- and how it was said -- to Manchin in that meeting last night.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So do I. Obviously, it was either a threat or a concession of some kind. I really hope it was a threat.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm getting fitted for new clubs that will hopefully be more forgiving to a high-handicap schlub like myself. So I'm definitely throwing some of that stimulus cash back into the golf economy.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I expect it was neither threat (what can they do to him?) nor concession, just asking him if he really wanted to torpedo the whole thing because Portman's amendment would lead to enough House Democrats voting no that the ship would sink. It probably took some time to get a House whip count together to prove that to him, as House wasn't in session.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Manchin looks like the asshole GM of your local Dodge dealership whose life has been downhill since he was honorable mention all-state as a D lineman in high school.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don't you hate when good lawyers happen to bad people?

Neutral Corner and matt_garth like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So after the Vote-A-Rama - I understand a bunch of Senators are getting flack for voting against the $15/hr min. wage, but wasn't that ruled to be untenable by the Senate parliamentarian? Why the vote?

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

“To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness.” ~Marcus Aurelius

heyabbott likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And his daughter is a horrifically greedy scumbag making millions off sick people’s desperate need for medicine, probably a lesson learned from her scumbag father

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

UNCGrad and Mngwa like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It also needs to be pointed out that the Trump Covid relief bills were bipartisan because Dems felt getting relief for people was more of a priority than scoring political points. The GOP can't say the current bill is "too expensive" when they voted and signed a bill costing half a billion more four months ago.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The first check here went toward a much-needed car, given how undependable public transit had become, even for the two-mile trek from home to work. Second and now third are in the bank, to be spent eventually.

lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted