1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Ookpik

Ookpik Active Member

Leave it to Beavis and Butt-Head to find a worthy use for AI.

garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

sage steele likes this

UPChip likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Smile.

maumann likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Georgia will have to build a bigger gas station for this case.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How can they get a trial in six months? I figured there would be about 45 outstanding UGA reckless driving cases still on the docket.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Drunken Ronny Jackson is underrated as one of the dumbest motherfuckers in trumplican world.

I’m no lawyer, so I try not to wade too deep, but when exactly was the indictment supposed to be prepared, under the new conspiracy theory? After he’s charged? A day before the trial?

It’s a reminder how trump world doesn’t prepare for anything and just makes shit up along the way.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Actually, once the indictment is filed in Georgia, the clock is ticking. Georgia's definition of a "reasonable time" clause in the Sixth Amendment requires the prosecution to alert the judge to add the case to the court docket within a specified period of time (it seems like it was six months when I was a part of the grand jury, so that would be in line with Fulton County).

In my case, my good ol' boy DA dicked around with my case for more than two years trying to persuade the crazy couple to drop things, but once he brought the upgraded felony charges before the county grand jury, we were told what, when and where. We may have been able to ask the judge for continuance, but there were no mitigating circumstances that would have swayed him. Show up on the date and be prepared to plead.

Same thing here. Failure to be prepared is not an adequate reason for a delay. And I doubt "I'm currently running for political office!" will work any better. You've been served. Due process and all that jazz.

And with the number of defendants, witnesses, lawyers and protestors, this could very well be our generation's Nuremberg Trial. Or it may make that look like traffic court.

MileHigh, Deskgrunt50 and Driftwood like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'll bet the number of plea bargains outnumbers the defendants who choose to go to trial.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just once I'd like somebody to put some of these "political witch hunt!" people on the spot and find out EXACTLY what they are arguing.

A. That Donald Trump didn't do these things?
    2. That Donald Trump did these things but they aren't a crime?
    三. That Donald Trump did these things and they are technically a crime but really shouldn't be felonies?
    iv. That Donald Trump did these things and they are crimes but you're not indicting the Biden Crime Family so you shouldn't indict Trump, either?
    √25. That no presidential candidate should be indicted for anything. . . . unless their names are Clinton or Obama or Biden?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted