1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

What makes him an attractive candidate is that he's 55.
    We need a POTUS who qualifies for AARP, not Social Security.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If a CEO is fired, then gets goons to destroy the company's hq....steals its biggest trade secrets, is found liable for sexual abuse and defamation....reapplies for his old job.....would he ever be rehired?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What does a “fixed” GOP stand for? Whose politics would it be? Mitt Romney? What does a “fixed” Republican Party stand for on

economics
    Immigration
    Abortion
    Ukraine
    Climate change

and how would it be different from Democrats?

Fundamentally, in 10-15 years, I think the party is over for almost anyone with a college degree.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    Azrael likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fucking hell.

Fascist dictatorship vs not a fascist dictatorship. But good job defending fascists.

qtlaw and Woody Long like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“Yes slavery is a Bad Thing and the South will lose and should lose and will doubtless be shunned by The Cools for years to come. But these radicals are taking advantage of the situation to ram through things like transcontinental railroads and land grant colleges. I’m a Free Soiler of course, but I just so happen to agree with the Copperheads on everything.”

#1860sAlma

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma definitely would have been leading the charge against Stevens and Sumner.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’ve voted one time for a GOP presidential candidate (Bush 2000). Once. I have never particularly liked the party’s stances on economics, war or health care. I didn’t like McCain. Or Romney. Or certainly Trump.

And while I’d agree Trump is uniquely awful, I think he exploited (and made worse) undercurrents already in the party. Sarah Palin - forerunner. The GOP of 2006 wasn’t a GOP that I’d vote for.

So when Trump is gone from politics - and that’s happening within the decade - and the GOP “fixes” itself, what party is it going back to? And who would vote for a presidential candidate in it?

I’m not trying to defend Trump. Goodness.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

West Germany 1945-70 would probably be a good comparison

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fascistsayswhsttabout

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The real question is if there will be anyone who is untainted by Trump around to run GOP 2.0. Maybe Paul Ryan?

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted