1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This is why there's that cult

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did you vote for that platform? Did anyone here? I didn't.

Which is my point. The GOP needs to go back to being the party nobody liked much anyway seems like an odd identity for a party.

Azrael likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Can we at least move away from "The Party of 'Obama is trying to intentionally destroy the country,' 'January 6 was a legitimate protest,' and 'The DOJ and FBI have been weaponized against Republicans!'?"

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have voted for several GOPers who championed that stuff and avoided the culture wars.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, but in 2016 maybe the GOP could plead ignorance to all of what it's become. Maybe.

2020? Nah.

It's a death cult.

And articulates no platform of any kind.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Of all the things they've said about Biden, his lack of Sharpie skills may be most embarrassing - for Faux News.

garrow likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just saw a poll! where 65% of Iowa GOP caucus goers don't believe Trump has committed any crimes.
    I have at least giving a grudging nods to the ones who say they don't care. At least they aren't stupid.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We are talking about different things.

I’m saying the GOP is, in essence, done. The MAGA thing won’t work. The old thing won’t work. Returning to the old thing won’t work. I’m saying it’s done.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

On a local basis I have. A couple mayors. A county commish.

At the state/national level rarely.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’d vote for a three-legged broke-dick dog before I’d vote for ANY Republican in my state.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

In the face of inflation, the leading contender for the GOP Presidential nomination wants to cut interest rates to get our economy back on track, and literally no one from his own party will say, "Wait. ... what?"

Hermes, garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The GOP of our youth has made itself tremendously unpopular. As have most of its politicians.

It's a minority party surviving on gerrymandering, anger and race hatred. (But that's been true for a long time. Trump is a symptom, not the disease.)

The GOP platform on government, from the time of Harold Stassen, was no platform and no government.

Turns out most people prefer a government that does some stuff.

So the new GOP platform is to burn government to the ground.

Having centered the lunatic fringe, the GOP reaps its whirlwind.

Maybe they can rebrand as 'X,' the party of Musk.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted