1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Polls don't matter until Labor Day -- 2024.

Driftwood and TowelWaver like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think the GOP has repelled enough common-sense conservatives to keep them away from the primaries, and these earliish polls do seem to oversample the die-hard fringers who mainline politics. I do think Biden has problem with connecting with a big chunk of the electorate who just don't relate to him.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Anyone taking that CNN poll seriously is not a serious person. I've already explained why.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The charges of sedition are why he's gonna be the nominee. His supporters hate the country as it is and want to end democracy, as long as they're the ones on top. To them, overturning the voters is good, mostly because people who aren't white get to vote.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You sound a lot like I did the other day when some talking head was gushing about where player X fit in in Mel Kiper's projected 2024 draft.

HanSenSE, PCLoadLetter and dixiehack like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? It's liberals who hate the country.

[​IMG]

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And national polls don't matter at all.

HanSenSE, wicked and TowelWaver like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

All that’s missing is the Gimp suit.

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think early polls matter - they end up driving the narrative similar to the way pre-season AP top 25 polls drive the college football narrative. Particularly in primaries.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

If Trump wins 2024, there will be no “nominee” 2028. He will try to install himself as president for life. And most likely do it.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

But which one is the Gimp?

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We’re making up headlines, instead of just reporting on the news.

I never thought anything of it until recently, but maybe it’s time we get out of the polling business. Are we really doing a service anymore with these things? I guess it doesn’t matter whether the poll is touted as being from The New York Times or Quinnipiac (sometimes both), but we are over relying on them in our reporting.

Draft saved Draft deleted