1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Quite frankly I believe Trump is more likely to see the inside of a coffin than I do the inside of a prison cell.

And it might be sooner than you think.

I Should Coco and Jesus_Muscatel like this.
  2. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

He’ll fear the inside of each but never feel either.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hopefully the siblings can reconcile with each other. Their parents are lost to propaganda and delusions of grandeur.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

An incredibly costly act of cowardice

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"In any other time, it would have been front-page news and ignited days or weeks of controversy. But last week, when a former top government official accused the president, for whom he once worked, of treasonous conduct, the story lasted nanoseconds and was blown away by the never-ending firehose of craziness and disinformation generated by the commander-in-chief and his crew. The tragedy here is not merely that Donald Trump escaped yet another scandal. It is that a fundamental and dire threat to the security of the United States did not receive sufficient attention and that American democracy remains in immediate danger."

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Considering recent events, I can see why a prudent national leader would prefer traveling to Moscow by train rather than flying.

DanOregon likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Entire books have been written about how Trump corrupted various (all?) areas of our government. See for instance, Michael V. Hayden's "The Assault on Intelligence" about his meddling in the CIA or Andrew McCabe's "The Threat" about the same thing at the FBI.

Or, memoirs that devote much of their pages to Trump's abuse of power/corruption in a different area of the government such as Marie Yovanovitch's memoir about the U.S. Foreign Service and her catastrophic run-in with Trump. Alexander Vindman's book also covers Trump's abuse of power but from the National Security Council side. Miles Taylor's anonymous book about Trump and DHS. And Mark Esper's memoirs about Trump and DOD, not to mention areas that have no book written about them such as Trump's abuse of the Post Office (!), NOAA, the General Services Administration......

And of course, none of the MAGA chuds care about this, even though, none of the aforementioned books were written by Democrats, but mostly people who worked in Trump's administration. They label them as the deep state, another weak hand-wave to absolve Trump of his own vile behavior.

The psychotic embrace of his indictments is ludicrous on its face....but moreso when those same wankers want us to be concerned about Hunter Biden!

Trump is the dinosaur comet that hit our way of life. We need to crawl out together or everything we hold will become extinct. That's why I don't give a f*ck about your concerns about Biden's age or your friggin' feelings about the economy. Look at the g*ddamn alternative!

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I could live with that.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m gonna restart my show no one watches!

Draft saved Draft deleted