1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I just think the language around these surveys is pretty spongy. "Liberal" compared to what?

If the US is a "center-right" nation, as is so often said, what does it even mean to say "left."

Seen from the center-right, the "left" might actually and correctly mean "the center."

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t complain because engineering and business schools skew conservative. I understand that’s baked in.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The problem was that as soon as it was time to do something about it, a percentage of the country wanted to bomb Mecca and I don't think they were ever satisfied, not the least of which by politicians trying to convince them that Islam was a "religion of peace." Ever since, the populist right has seen existential threats from everyone that doesn't look like them.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They can't take an impeachment vote because they would lose. Even if they twisted arms and whipped votes enough to win (clue - they won't), it dies in the Senate as soon as it moves there.

It's all bullshit and a diversion from Trump's many trials.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember when some Republicans had to be dragged kicking and screaming into offering any sort of praise for Obama after Bin Laden was killed.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

this impeachment inquiry is the last straw we have to take principled stand like it or not i have to carefully consider my write-in candidate

7. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

The unjustified invasion of Iraq and the resulting quagmire broke this country's spirit.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dare I say it?

#TheCoupHasAlreadyHappened

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, if I may revise and extend your remarks:

1) The GQC still isn't over 2020; and
    2) They still have no platform beyond "Biden bad!"

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bush’s approval rating was in the 60s and hit 71 in the ramp-up to Iraq.

There was plenty of unity, except for the Republicans who kept harping that any criticism of the war president’s policies meant that you hated America and were causing Orange terror alerts.

Draft saved Draft deleted