1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Who else do you see out there that you feel certain could step in and beat Trump if he isn't in jail yet?

2. Neutral Corner

wicked likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hunter Biden has Abbe Lowell as his attorney. He's probably the best white collar criminal defense attorney in DC. He got Bob Menendez off, no mean feat. It's going to be a tough case for the prosecution, since to begin with hardly anybody gets charged with the main crime in question.

wicked and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gavin Newsom would have a shot at it, though he insisted he wouldn't run in a primary against Biden or Harris. If that's true, I'm not sure who would be a good option. I don't think Harris would beat Trump.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Then bring charges and prosecute the motherfaka.
    No one will miss a night of sleep if H. Biden goes up the river.
    they can't do it because they got nothing as usual.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they think/hope/pray Joe is entangled in the other stuff, and THAT is disqualifying.

Harris wouldn't beat Tulsi. :)

7. Neutral Corner

And there it is. Normally, Harris would be the obvious choice, but no one is sure that she has what it takes to win. She's a woman of color, and it has yet to be proven that she can get the votes to win the presidency. OTOH, it's the Dems, and to say that the party shouldn't run her because she is a woman of color would split the party wide open. I think that her problem is as much about personality as her sex or skin color, but it's going to get spun that way anyhow.

Basically, that's the reason that I prefer Biden. He has his downsides, and he could up and die tonight, but if he's not dead I think he can beat Trump. Making certain that dumb SOB never gets back in the WH is my primary political goal.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, for sure. I think the sticking point for non-cult members is the lack of evidence after years of investigating. I'm no lawyer, but I've watched enough TV to know that evidence seems to be critical for convicting someone.

Not that it stopped them from opening an impeachment inquiry, which by their own standard is invalid without voting on it.

garrow likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump drew to one inside straight and the GOP has yet to beat the spread since 2016. Maybe we are looking at it backwards and Hillary Clinton was the black swan event.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Harris was a horrible choice BECAUSE of the strong possibility Joe wouldn't/shouldn't go for a second term. That pick should have gone to "the absolute best possible presidential candidate we can put out there" . . . not someone who didn't even make it to 2020 before flaming out in the primaries.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

If I can't watch him lose his IQ test I'll have to settle for watching him go to jail instead. Oh well, what's a girl to do.

I knew none of these wet blankets would take him up on it, which would have been really fun.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There's more than a half-dozen Democratic governors who can beat Trump:
    Andy Beshear
    Roy Cooper
    Josh Green
    Jay Inslee
    Gavin Newsom
    JB Prizker
    Tim Walz
    And especially Gretchen Whitmer

You folks consistently leave out the impact the anti-abortion movement and its related court cases are having in motivating Democratic voters.

Draft saved Draft deleted