1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's a solid point. Argument could be made she made a very early political calculation that certainly doesn't look great at the time. But it proved to be the right move at the time. Party needed to come together.

But so much has changed since then. The attempted overthrow of the government being one of them. Not sure her dropping out early would be on anyone's mind.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Conversely, if Trump doesn't make it to Election Day it's a clown car filled with Oompah Loompahs who can't clear 12% in a GOP approval poll.

Trump Support Rises After Second GOP Debate, Poll Finds

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and I Should Coco like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, it would help if people offered other more specific reasons. I haven't seen many if any so far.

6. HanSenSE

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

AOC: Here’s what went down: we just won a clean 45 day gov extension, stripped GOP’s earlier 30% cuts to Social Security admin etc, staved off last minute anti-immigrant hijinks, and averted shutdown (for now). People will get paychecks and MTG threw a tantrum on the way out. Win-win.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She was polling at like 1% in 2020 before she dropped out. She seems like a very competent politician but she doesn’t click with people like others.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not often surprised by much in politics. I'm surprised.

Now, does Kevin get the boot? Only takes one of the Toddler Caucus to pull the ripcord right?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Go home Ted Cruz, you're drunk.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

While we are one the subject of politicians who do and don’t have the goods, Hakeem Jeffries is doing some amazing shit.

12. HanSenSE

If not Gaetz, then my money's on Marge.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted