1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

House adjourned and trumplicans going home for the weekend. Well deserved. Lots of things accomplished this week. Good job, good effort.

Fucking hell.

Edit to add: Makes me appreciate even more how good Pelosi was at her job.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

he said he didn’t want the job, wasn’t a candidate until minutes before the vote and 81 people still voted for him. Stranger things have happen

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It’s amusing that he bitches about DeNiro being a sellout while he comes off as the biggest phony in this story.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The choice was Jordan or Not Jordan, and Jordan still couldn't get to 217. WHAT THE FUCK, DEMS?!

franticscribe likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

How did the left let it come to this?

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Good. Hope it works.

2muchcoffeeman and franticscribe like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Watch out for Rainwater!

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Out this way, both of our senators make it a point each year to host a public town hall in each of Oregon's 36 counties. I've attended a few. I probably learn more from the questions than the answers - but it does make me feel good as a citizen that you can actually talk to Senators, and Members of Congress in Oregon. Most make themselves available regularly, sometimes just show up at something without a bunch of staff around. Its refreshing. And there are some parts of Eastern Oregon that are just as difficult to get to as parts of Arizona. And there are two counties with fewer than 2,000 residents.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's pretty impressive. At least there are only 36 of them. This is the sort of pledge that Senators from Georgia (153) cannot make, for example.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

159 counties in Georgia. Arguably it needs about 90.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Difficult, yes. But if you're representing an entire state, senators should make a point to get to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted