1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wasn't here.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Surprise, surprise, he still thinks the ouster of a pro-Putin corrupt Ukrainian regime was bad.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Didn't say it was good or bad. Just that it was their Jan. 6, only more violent and ultimately successful. Thanks in large part to help from a nation that jailed its insurrectionists eight years later.

They could have voted out the president in 15 months and chosen the government they wanted. Just as they had done multiple times since becoming independent. That's what democracies do.

If you truly believe in democracy, then by definition ALL insurrections are bad in places that have regular elections where the people decide their government. Ukraine had regular elections.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the loosers try to get them banned.

garrow, maumann and dixiehack like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Republicans nominate Mike Hawk — I meant Mike Johnson — as their next sacrificial lamb. Mike Hunt and Heywood Jablome were unavailable.

Only logical end game here is to nominate all 217 or however many they have, then nominate Trump.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Mike Johnson. One of the very few who might be worse than Gym fucking Jordan.

Again, ABSOLUTE DESPERATION to get a trump cult member into the role. They have big, awful plans if it happens.

Webster and matt_garth like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A reporter tried to ask the nominee about his role in overturning the election and is told to “shut up” by several members of Congress.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And if this guy gets 217, this is a tell.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

He'll like it in the Fani.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Russia: Sucks
    Fuck: Russia

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I jsut checked Wikipedia. I knew there was a lot of violence because of the massive protests of the President of Ukraine abandoning effort to sign a trade agreement with the EU and instead signing an economic cooperation treaty with Russia. This upset the pro-European half of the Ukrainian lectorate. I condemn the violence that resulted.

I did not realize that the Ukrainian parliament had tossed the President out with 328 of the 450 Parliament members in agreement. Which I think means that a substantial number of the Russian speaking Parliament members had to concur. My limited understanding of the situation is that the concern was if the treaty went though before the election it could not be overturned.

Also, another election was soon held and the pro-EU side won. While I acknowledge there was violence and the takeover of government building I would think that it was not a "coup" because of the actions of what I thought were a legitimately elected parliament.

What am I missing?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted