1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There is no living thing on the plant as old as Biden. Not Galapagos turtles. Not Redwood trees. He is The Ancient One.

garrow likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wicked likes this.
  3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

If it's Biden vs. Trump again, which seems likely, curious if you think there will be fewer people voting, about the same or more.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fewer.

In 2020 turnout among eligible voters was 66.9%, highest since 1900.

No election had come within even 4 percentage points of that since 1968.

Add to that one candidate may be a felon, the other 82 bleeping years old. And neither can promise a damn thing we haven't seen before.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rematch elections almost always draw lower numbers of voters.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Slacker-

I've heard on many podcasts that Eric is not the dumb one. I mean the guy went to Georgetown. I feel like we as a nation are entitled to a resolution of this debate.

Noel Casler said Don Jr. has public speaking skills that if channelled and directed could lead to a useful career for him.

My own opinion - Ivanka is the dumbest on the tree.

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I tend to think much lower because of the reasons you say plus thinking some Republicans feel it won't matter because the last one was "stolen." Not that I really talk much politics but I've yet to meet anyone who is really in love with Biden, either. It's always, he's better than the alternative, and while true, that's hardly an endorsement.

It still amazes me that these are the two leading candidates.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On the other hand, elections that are perceived as being close tend to draw higher turnout, and every indication is that the Biden-Trump rematch will be close.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, man. But lots of reasons for it.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yeah. She married Jared Kushner, who has no redeeming value other than being from a wealthy family.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sick, dangerous people these redhats

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

For once Fatfuck is at least partially right; probably 50 felony charges, including capital treason, should have been dropped on his ass by Feb. 1, 2021. (And probably 500 since then.) But Merrick Garland was afraid somebody's feelings might get hurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted