1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"They learned their lesson."-‐-Susan Collins

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like Vance has caught Tuberville disease.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The "blue slip" thing is ridiculous. I guess I give Coach Senator some credit that he's "owning it" - a lot of these things get blocked and the Senators who do it remain anonymous. You want to hold up the Senate's business? Filabuster or whatever? Fine, but put yourself out there, put your name on it. Maybe people will understand and appreciate it, maybe they won't and vote you out.
    I have to think some Bama money is going to be backing someone else next time the seat is up. But he's still got four years left.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This explains a lot about the current Republican Party ...

upload_2023-11-2_0-6-9.jpeg

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's actually more important because state convictions are beyond federal pardon power. Thankfully, Merrick has fuck-all to do with it.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Eric Trump: "I pour concrete"

[​IMG]

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Swole Tubers are welcome in Oregon, Maine and Idaho but should not be in Bammer.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. My primary doctor's practice has two nurse practitioners. I've seen both for one reason or another and they seem to know what they are doing. That said, I would be long gone if I couldn't see my primary doctor at least for my annual physical. If I call even a week or two in advance, that isn't a problem.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I find the version of that story regarding Wilhelm Marr interesting, especially given his personal history.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Opinion | The Democrats Are Their Own Worst Enemy

If the answer to Frank’s question was that cultural issues can trump issues of class in ways that favor Republicans, Judis’s and Teixeira’s answer looks doubly troubling to Democrats: Not only is the Democratic Party increasingly failing on matters of culture (despite its strength on abortion rights), it’s also seen as failing in matters of class. In a country that has become more overtly populist in its values and needs, Democrats are the ones who look like the party of out-of-touch elitists.

“We’ve had this peculiar situation where the reigning power in the Democratic Party has been between progressive social organizations and the neoliberal business elite,” Judis told me when I spoke to him last week. The majority of Americans are feeling left behind.

This bodes ill for Democrats. As he and Teixeira write in the book, “The Democratic Party has had its greatest success when it sought to represent the common man and woman against the rich and powerful, the people against the elite, and the plebians against the patricians.”

Draft saved Draft deleted