1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

There's homeless on the street
    Blame the Black and white blues
    People searchin' for the tweet
    People plottin' some more coups
    But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead
    There's a lot of people with hats of red
    Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
    So I try to forget it any way I can

Keep on griftin' in the Trump World

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Well, seeing as how two Trump appointed appellate judges in Arkansas just ruled that the Voting Rights Act isn't enforceable, and the dissent was from a Bush appointee, yeah, I'd say a second term could have long-last impact on the lives on the people of this country.
    Me personally? No. I'm poster boy for middle-aged, middle-class white guy.
    For the environment? It would be a nightmare. Trump would put people in place who would greenlight clearcutting Yellowstone and draining the Everglades to build golf courses (as if Florida hasn't done that since the '60s).

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let’s see:

D’s apocalyptic vision: 10-year old girls forced to give birth to their stepfather’s baby. LGBTQs being treated like second class citizens and told they are not allowed to marry their partner. People’s kids being forced to pray to a certain deity in schools. Corporations being allowed to cheat workers. Rivers and waterways being filled with toxic waste. Government banning you from using birth control. Public taxpayers being forced to fund homophobic Bible schools that can kick kids out on any whim. Undocumented immigrants being shot at the border.

R’s apocalyptic vision: There are people other than them who deserve civil rights. There are people other than them who aren’t obeying their own personal deity. Their own civil rights are being violated if they cannot impose their religion on everyone else. A half dozen transgender kids are playing sports with girls. Biden wears tan suits. Background checks mean that they’re taking away everyone’s guns. Women can have sex and not be forced to give birth. Businesses have to obey certain rules and have to ensure their employees actually are paid for what they work for. People can smoke pot in their homes. Kids are being taught in schools that America did a lot of shitty things in the past. People of certain skin colors don’t know their place. People have the nerve to have sex and are using birth control, which their deity did not design.

Is there really a both sides comparison here?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The people who are voting for him are racists. Full stop.
    You’ve lived in MAGA world long enough to know this.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#TheCoupHasAlreadyHappened.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Many are racists. Many are just poorly informed. I have a Trump-voting cousin who adopted a black girl. What do I make of that?

My MAGA former pet-sitter works tirelessly on behalf of finding abused animals nice homes.

It's complicated.

A half-dozen (or more) . . . in just one event.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They love black people, they think everyone should own one.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, there really isn't. Anyone holding even a moderate portion of either of those sets of "visions" has serious psychological issues.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That's what makes populists great!

It's easy to say, "hey kick out the illegals and let's stop defending other countries!"

It's much harder to say, "OK let's talk about the ramifications of those things ..."

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I wear my father's Georgetown University Seiko. It stopped telling time a while ago, but I still wear it. I've never been late because of it because, well, the iPhone.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There are ramifications to letting everyone in, also.

We DO have laws.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The organization putting on the tournament says that women are given a choice in whether to compete against transgender competitors or against biological women.

Now, the women say they were not notified beforehand. If that’s the case, then that’s a communication problem, not a transgender problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted