1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. That's STILL more than a half-dozen transgenders at one event. So, not remotely as isolated as is often said.
    b. If the males were competing against males and the biological females were competing against biological females, what trophy were the transgenders competing for?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As president, Trump's primary goal was to remain president as long as possible. That kept him from trying to do all the things he wanted to do. He will have no such concern if he wins in 2024. He won't be eligible tor un again after that, so there is no fear of voters holding him accountable to hold him back.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

1. How many people compete at all of these events in the U.S. each year? What percentage of them are transgender competitors.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  4. BTExpress

That may be the biggest pile of nonsense I'ver ever heard.

He PURPOSELY didn't fulfill his campaign promises . . . because he wanted to be re-elected under this slogan. . .

[​IMG]

. . . when everybody understands it's much tougher for second-term presidents to get anything done because the other side will try to run out the clock until the lame duck is gone.

I will not go down the rabbit hole of brain synapses it took to reach that conclusion.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

B. Looking up NAGA’s website, they indicate that if there are two or more girls, they will create a separate category, and that they will have the option of competing against biological males.

NAGA Divisions - NAGA Fighter

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The best part of this whole story is the match that initially caused the kerfuffle. People were very mad that a woman was made to compete against a trans athlete who outweighed her by 65 pounds.

Never mind that the woman annihilated the trans athlete in about 30 seconds.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If I’m not mistaken (and I don’t think I am), these matches took place in the Absolute Division, which by definition has no limits, including on gender, weight, etc.

It’s still on “NAGA” to communicate all of this and abide by its own rules, which it has not appeared to do.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That does warm one's cockles, doesn't it?

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

I love their weight classes. Whereas I once thought "featherweight" was the lowest in these things, then "strawweight", now we have "atomweight" and "sub-atomicweight."

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Markie Post and Tanya Roberts are dead and I have to look at Trump's turkey neck for a seventh straight Thanksgiving.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What an outrage

Draft saved Draft deleted