1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

I should have blue fonted this.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Love it! I cannot remember for sure, but didn't Steve Levy quickly correct himself?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A car exploded at the Rainbow Bridge border crossing between the US and Canada. No details at all - but, naturally, some folks are blaming Biden's weak border security for a car exploding at a border security checkpoint.

(I thought when people talked about their pet crossing the Rainbow Bridge, it meant the animal died. I didn't know it meant they moved to Canada.)

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Shorter version: “I’ll tell you that i will abandon everything I’ve fought for in congress to get this job.’’
    Does anyone really believe him?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not sure WTF you close down the Peace Bridge, the RB is 20 miles away.

Guess those losers had nothing to declare.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I am overly cynical but it sure seems to me that he knew he wasn't running for re-election and called in some favors for a golden parachute

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whenever I hear the phrase "due diligence" - whether with regard to a front-office hire, or any hire, or a draft pick, I always think it is just another way of saying "we made the decision we wanted to make, regardless." It is the equivalent of saying "trust me" - usually without "showing the work" of due diligence. How many times has there been a weird hire and then you hear that people actually involved in some past controversy involving a hire or a pick were never contacted?

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton? Barely knew her. She wasn't my type anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted