1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It's really interesting. Pick a somewhat arbitrary date - I'll do 1960 - and you can argue the Left has won so much of the culture war. You have the glaring exception of abortion, of course, but things such as gay marriage and legal pot are simply part of the landscape. On the other hand, on an economic level, we're almost going back to life before the New Deal.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It’s not gouging it’s capitalism, which we are told over and over again is humanity’s most perfect economic system.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And that's our local chain here in northeast Georgia. There are Kroger and Publix in Gainesville, Ga., but not this far north yet. The farthest south I've seen Ingles is Macon. I think there may be a Food Lion in Blue Ridge?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Republicans believe Biden is senile....but Obama is really the one running the government so it really shouldn't matter

Republicans believe Biden is responsible for inflation, prices etc....but if he really were....they'd say it was communism or something

Republicans believe that inflation and immigration are the two most pressing issues facing our nation....so here's some more Hunter Biden hearings to address that

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

As noted by others GOP is all for show to get the rubes - who will believe anything - riled up.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If you think the left won the culture war, you haven't been paying attention the past seven years.

Abortion and trans rights first. Gay rights next. Then onto the Blacks. We're going backward as a nation.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Word Salad? No disrespect, Senator, but I wouldn't expect a racist peckerhead like yourself to understand my answer."

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Liz ain't messing around. Read the whole thread.

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Never forget, though, Liz CHENEY is a RINO. Or so I've heard.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And on keeping with our fast food discussion:
    Screenshot_20231129_080610_X.jpg

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's not just McDonalds. It's hard to get out of virtually any fast food joint for less than $10 anymore. That's what a standard combo meal costs.

Draft saved Draft deleted