1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Now we’ll see if Gee’s theory about Supremes being politicians too holds true. Anyone in the political mainstream wants this guy gone.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Think the one listed above in the DC circuit court, not SCOTUS. These things happen with so many trials for a felonious ex-president.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a matter of pure power. The majority of the Supreme Court takes its adjective all too seriously. Giving Trump immunity for crimes committed as President makes him supreme to them if he gets elected again. I don't think they'd do that. They like ruling the roost. A President who'd ignore them is a direct threat to them.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I was certainly wrong in predicting January 6 wasn’t I?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This rando guy's challenge of the interrupting a session of a congressional proceeding charge against him makes me worry. It's a fucking law spelled out in English. The fact that 4 SCOTUS justices thought it needed discussing would be gobsmacking if you didn't realize the makeup of the court.

The decision could let up to 300 J6 defendants walk and could accrue to Twitchy's benefit too.

If I'm Jack Smith, I drop that charge immediately and go hard on the other three. The point is to snare a conviction before November 2024. If that charge stays on the docket, it'll be the end of June before a decision is even announced. The trial starts in March.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Surprised that's not higher

garrow likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, is that what you predicted would happen? Weren’t you also throwing in some bullshit about how SCOTUS would side with Trump?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Tweeter must mean the national election.

GOP is going to win Iowa’s electoral votes.

Draft saved Draft deleted