1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Framers took a good long look in the mirror and made sure it's not a self-executing clause.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Most out of staters I have encountered moving to the Southeast aren't bringing liberal politics; they are fleeing them for areas that are more in line with their thinking.
    When we were listing our farm, the realtor kept bring it.... "people from California are flocking here because they are more in line with our way of thinking." "Well, that's why we are leaving." "Oh."

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m endlessly amused at how Californians view East Coasters.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure they are endlessly amused not only about how we view them, but also how we view ourselves.

MileHigh and TigerVols like this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

When my brother moved to California, he took a job as a supervisor. His team almost revolted over things like him insisting they be on time every day, or taking “only” an hour for lunch, and generally being a gruff meanie (which he isn’t at all).

maumann likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have a friend who lives in lake country of Wisconsin. He calls people from Illinois FIBs (fucking Illinois bastards) or FISHTABs (Fucking Illinois shit heads towing a boat).

Lots of Oregonians dislike Californicators, until they pay $50K over asking for the house they're selling.

Fox's infatuation with all things California amuses me. It makes a convenient bogeyman to someone sitting on their couch in Greenwood, Mississippi.

maumann and TigerVols like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This year is not ending well for Nikki.

matt_garth likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I always call out people who comment negatively about California when I know full well they've never even been in the Pacific time zone.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

A lot of people from all sorts of places would do well to read this book.

[​IMG]

swingline and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Speaking as a Floridian who lived in/worked for the state long before the dumb decided to make it their new Idaho, they bring their shit politics into these states.
    And their even shittier attitudes about life.
    The two-way contempt is earned.

Draft saved Draft deleted