1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I believe in the Fatfuck-stole-billions-in-cash theory simply BECAUSE it is so fucking stupid and moronic, it is precisely the kind of idiotic scheme he'd love:
    "Mnuchin is the money man
    I am the boss of the money man
    Therefore I will tell him to print me money
    Nobody can tell me not to."

Not to mention the very idea of having huge duffel bags of cash lying around his bedroom: wouldn't that just kick ass?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

At what point can we finally strap Kushner down and waterboard him until he tells America what he sold the Saudis for $2 billion?

I don't think next Tuesday would be too soon, how about you?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

An absolute disaster.

Biden Faces Pressure on Immigration, and Not Just From Republicans

In Denver, more than 36,000 migrants have arrived in recent months, with 4,100 still in city shelters, and more are arriving daily. In Boston, migrants have camped out at the airport. In New York, more than 164,500 migrants have poured into shelters since April 2022, with many still living in one of the 215 hotels, converted office buildings or tent camps set up to accommodate them.

“It’s both a humanitarian and fiscal crisis,” said Mike Johnston, the Democratic mayor of Denver. “We aren’t going to sit by and watch moms and 6-month-olds in tents on the streets in 10-degree weather. But by refusing to do that we are on the path to spend $180 million next year and could not do that either.”

“As mayors we are so frustrated,” he added, noting that many of the migrants arriving in his city must wait for months before they can work legally in the United States. “This is actually a solvable problem, if we had work authorization, federal dollars and a coordinated entry plan.”

The flood of migrants into the big cities has been anything but coordinated.

Most have arrived, unannounced, on buses or planes sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who argues that cities far from the border should get a taste of the flood of migrants in his state. Democratic mayors have lashed out at Mr. Abbott for what they say is a political stunt, using human beings as props.

So far, the stunt seems to have worked, by delivering the migrants — often without coats, or family members in the U.S. — to the cities far to the north.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Starman's a bit young to be having those kinds of troubles. He should probably see his doctor.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Trump had smart people in his orbit. Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon are smart guys.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In Texas it costs between $60 and $75 depending on the size of the vehicle.

In Arkansas it's only a $20 bill, but there's a catch: You also have to pay personal property tax on your vehicle, which varies based on local tax rates and vehicular assessed value.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Yes, The small, provincial capital of New York never saw this many people at once.

During the forty years it operated, Ellis Island saw more than 12 million immigrants pass through its gates, at a rate of up to 5,000 people a day.

Ellis Island  |  Italian  |  Immigration and Relocation in U.S. History  |  Classroom Materials at the Library of Congress  |  Library of Congress.

matt_garth and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I am sure Joe Biden is the cork in the ass of progress on this front.

OscarMadison, garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Racist Republicans kidnap migrants and ship them to other places.

Alma: WhY wOuLd BiDeN dO tHaT?

Draft saved Draft deleted