1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't mean to make light of this but one mark of dementia that I've witnessed is the sufferer will save the spent toilet paper, or at least pieces of it.

Someday we're going to know the Howard Hughesian things he's been doing these past few years. Maggie gets to sell another book.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Miller's not smart but Bannon is. If he isn't smart he is a sixth-degree inner-level master bullshitter in my father's mien. Not many people can bullshit about China for plural multiple hours.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

well actually . . .

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

never heard of Rufo, and I'd wonder the percentage who does. (and who cares about his real or fake advanced degree)

as Ingraham told Keith OLbermann on one of their dates umpteen years ago, the conservative squawk box is a very small operation.

Small by design, for achieving maximum profit.

"there are only about 20 or 30 of us total" [imitating her unsexy nasally voice]

Rufo ain't one of them, no matter how badly he wants to be.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's just like Clay Travis, Dave Portnoy (and perhaps idiot Pat McAfee). Mendacious Stephen Miller wannabes like Rufo have been weaponized and galvanized because there's basically...very little...middle in political media. Not much in academia, either.

I'd actually include a DeSantis in this bizarre empowerment, since this guy somehow has rolled in Florida despite being one of the most inartful, maladroit major politicians in my lifetime.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You may be on to something here.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He's one of them. In 2024 media? He's one of them. Not a good thing. But a true thing.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Spout off about some bullshit "They" don't want you to know about, and boom - you're a conservative media person. Website, youtube, radio or whatever. The less known and less credible you are, the better.

A friend of mine, who isn't in to politics - says "its all bullshit" most of the time is convinced we're on the brink of war - "Really?" I said - where'd you hear that? He said he was watching a Youtube video about it. He's not MAGA, just a severely media illiterate person. Probably thinks Joe Rogan and Walter Cronkite are on the same level.

We talk about the weird echo chamber/loop on Fox News - some idea crawls out from the internet, gains traction on-line, it becomes a talking point on rw radio, then a narrative on Fox News, then actual policy/action item by Republican office holders - whether it has any basis of truth. When the thing finally percolates to the top - and then is proven to not be the "smoking gun" or magic elixer that will turn the US 100 percent red - the base then feels conservative institutional media and politicians are "bogus" - opening the door for people with even worse credibility or intentions.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted