1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The point of that is to remind the racist and xenophobic jerks who support him what her race and ethnicity is.

It will be interesting to see if the woman who couldn't find the word "slavery" in her vocabulary responds.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trying to follow along with the immunity hearing. The trump arguments appear to be absurd as expected.

Seems under their theory, Biden could order trump to be killed, along with all of his inner circle, then resign before he’s impeached and convicted, and that’s Ok. Can’t ever be prosecuted.

These are not serious people. Only real issue seems to be how hard they laugh this out and how long this will delay things. Which of course is the real objective.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks for update on another episode of “absurd lawyering “.

Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Went to see Liz Cheney speak last night, don’t agree with everything she says but her views on protecting our Constitution are dead on.

Just want more people in national spotlight to say the same things, we cannot let a wannabe dictator be our president again. Protect democracy.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The backpedaling is going to be fun if Trump makes her his running mate.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In fairness, there is the presidential oath of office in Article II, Section I of the constitution, which states "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, unless I decide I don't want to do it and I break the law, in which case I have blanket immunity."

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I was listening and when that hypothetical was presented, the balloon popped.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't forget the fertile possibilities of self-pardoning, a concept of which Fatfuck is strongly enamored.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck could order all Democrats or any insufficiently loyal RINOs who might possibly vote against him in any impeachment proceedings to be illegally imprisoned, and he could never be removed by impeachment or criminally prosecuted.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but not on those pesky state charges.

Draft saved Draft deleted