1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Driftwood, I Should Coco and garrow like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They'll all head to Lake Tahoe, since it's only 15 minutes away.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My dad was legally blind for much of his life. The lack of independence he had, and the lack of employment opportunities he had as a non-skilled blind man without a college degree was sad.

I got ICL a couple years ago. When I stepped out of the clinic and could read the parking signs along the street, I felt it was worth it. It was very expensive and it didn't make everything perfect, but it's been great.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hope Gannett's TS reporter is all over this:

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You Need to Calm Down

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

There's an open space on this asshole form. Write your name.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Look What You Made (Her) Do

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My lord I’m so sick of these assholes. The elected enablers, right-wing Angertainment outlets and the moronic cult. I’m so sick of the “what will this do to the poor trump voters!?!” narrative. “It’ll tear the country apart!”

Guess what. The country is already torn apart because of trump and his lies and actions.

1. If trump is disqualified from the ballot they’ll scream and resort to violence.

2. If trump is tried and convicted they’ll scream and resort to violence.

3. If trump runs and loses they’ll scream and resort to violence.

4. If trump runs and wins, they’ll still be screaming and violent and we all live with a mentality ill, unqualified narcissist who’ll keep tearing everything down to rule as dictator.

So fuck em. He can’t ever be in power again. Because he’s an insurrectionist and dumbass criminal.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I still believe some politician will be assassinated during this election cycle. Probably some obscure house candidate in some backwater place. The president and the GOP candidate will be locked up tight by their SS details.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hope the USSS does its job. I fear Trump’s detail may be loyal to him over the country, which might lead them to a standoff if and when their boy has to be arrested.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's beyond baffling. He's the defense secretary. He was in ICU. His really tight inner circle felt it was fine to tell NO ONE at the White House? Not even his No. 2 (yes, she was in Puerto Rico)?

I work in a low-rung city government agency and my boss, who has worked at the city, state and federal levels of government, is big on perception and transparency.I'm going to talk to him about this tomorrow, but he's a pretty smart guy and runs communications for the department much differently than other city agencies, one that has built trust with the media who knows they can come to him and he's a straight shooter.

For something like this, then to put out statements that "we'll be better about transparency," did no one think this wouldn't get exposed.

Again, he's the damn defense secretary.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That’s already been the case. See 1/6.

Draft saved Draft deleted