1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The House GOP should open an impeachment inquiry into Hunter Biden.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wherein incredibly lame both-sidesism is taken down

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is that actual video? Is it AI? How was it acquired? Was it from James O’Keefe? So many questions

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just wait till Hunter and the Pope throw a party together.

[​IMG]

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Democrats hoping Michelle Obama or some other mystery guest will jump in at the last moment and replace Biden are as clueless as the GQPers whose only answer to anything is impeachment. The goal is, and needs to be, the overwhelming defeat of Trumpism at the ballot box in November.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
    franticscribe, wicked and garrow like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No Democrats are hoping this. It's all bullshit bad faith MAGA trolling.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Abbott needs to be folded, spindled, and possibly even mutated.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep, those pesky murder laws.

The concentration camps and execution squads are coming. The MAGGATS are itchin' to get at it.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

One thing that has been bothering me is when people who seem to be thinking, thought-full types still root for the laundry because they're GOP. Even though morals and faith can be a part of the discussion, they still won't waver. I got a deeper look into that mindset earlier this week courtesy of Jeff Foxworthy.

I'll out myself here. I like Jeff Foxworthy and am a fan of the original Redneck Comedy Tours. This is not me throwing shade on Foxworthy for the heck of it, it was just one of those a-ha! moments. To set the scene, he was a speaker at an interdenominational conference called Be Bold 4 Jesus.

During his speech, he said, seemingly apropos of nothing, "We're not here to judge, we are supposed to love one another and let God judge." Then he mentioned it was exciting to be from Hapeville, Georgia, the home of Chik-Fil-A and he was an admirer of Truett Cathy, who encouraged him as a young man. There were boos from the audience.

"There y'all go judging," Foxworthy admonished the audience. "Remember, we're supposed to love each other."

If it was just some guy in the line at Kroger acting like he did not understand antipathy toward Cathy or C-F-A, I might buy it. I find it hard to believe that Foxworthy does not understand the horror some may feel at the things Cathy's organization supported over the years. Does Foxworthy have no Gay friends? Even in his circle, which might be mostly conservative mainstream Protestant Christians, surely someone has people they love who are LGBT. The least charitable interpretation could be that Cathy was good to him and therefore was above rebuke. Is it fair to assume that Jeff Foxworthy agrees with him about people who fall outside that narrow set of conditions that make a person acceptable in the eyes of very conservative Christians? I hope not. I've always taken his expressions of faith as an earnest attempt to be Christlike. Still, we can never really know exactly what is in someone's mind and heart.

Bringing this back to MAGA, it makes me wonder if those better educated, more thoughtful conservatives who are still backing MAGA have, like Jeff Foxworthy, switched off their sense of discernment. Even though there is the nagging sense that we have a moral duty to speak up, if we and the people we love are not in harm's way, we can shrug it off. It's not our fight. We need to go along to get along. That MAGA has many of the hangtags of a cult is undeniable. I am now seeing more clearly the degree of compartmentalized, blinkered thinking that some of my neighbors, family, and friends are engaging in as well.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Another President Obama? Maybe in time it will be Sasha or Malia.

Twirling Time likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted