1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"No other issue could compete with the drama of a former President trying to stay out of jail."
    ---Gerald Ford in his 1979 memoirs, A Time To Heal

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Dean Phillips: I’m Being Blackballed — and It’s Joe Biden’s Fault

Consider a counterfactual: It’s January 2020, and a sitting Republican member of Congress has launched a primary challenge to incumbent President Trump. The challenger is not a household name like Liz Cheney, the political dynast who was then a member of leadership. But it isn’t a totally fringe figure, either. It’s someone like Adam Kinzinger, who was then in his fifth term representing Illinois. And even though the polls are awful and the Beltway pros give him no chance, he’s out there making the rounds in Iowa and New Hampshire.

In this scenario, is the challenger ignored or given short shrift in the press? Of course not! The liberal-oriented media would be full of tributes to his courage and independence. If conservative outlets declined to give him airtime, it would be held up as evidence of their pathetic Trump fealty.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Waahhhhhhhh!

What a fucking crybaby.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do you think he's more surprised at being "blackballed" or that voters aren't flocking to his candidacy? I will say he seems to be getting a lot less airtime on the cable nets that Chris Christie did despite polling better against Biden than Christie ever did against Trump. Shoot, has Fox News even given Phillips much airtime?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"You only cover me when you think I'll lose."

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remind me how much airtime Bill Weld got in the 2020 cycle.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is as good a place as any for a well-written piece about society.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...dow-tears-cruel-society/72222543007/?tbref=hp

Bulls fans booed former GM Jerry Krause as he was being honored, causing his widow to break down.

There are any number of reasons why this has happened: our toxic political environment, the isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic, the anonymity of social media. But the why doesn’t matter so much as the result. We’ve become nasty and unfeeling, delighting in being divisive and cruel. We’d rather "own" someone than see them as a fellow human being. And God forbid we should try and find common ground.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Friggin' Dem voters. This is what DEI has wrought.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think he wants MSNBC to interview him. Which, it refuses to do.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the Jordan documentary made Krause the big bad.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Thank goodness our district realized “virtual learning” is as useless as a second asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted