1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Baron, the New York Times has made the diner a joke. They've done such a shitty job with that construct you can't help but smile when seeing the word.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How about dividing the nation into four quarters east to west. East goes first in 2024, east central first in 2028, etc.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How about not engaging the obvious troll in his obviousness?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I listened to quite a bit of the Iowa Caucus coverage - not sure it got much play - if any = but for comparison's sake - the 2016 GOP Caucus had 196,00 and change participants - last nights? 110k. Sure, coldest caucus on record by 30 degrees and change, but....

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

New Hampshire?

Liut likes this.
  7. DanOregon

Dick Morris - still relevant?

Underwear-Clad Man Walks Through Dick Morris's Newsmax Hit

I'm really curious about who watches Newsmax - those who consider Fox News too "woke? - those who need their outrage fix during commercial breaks or the overnight re-airs? And the OAN viewers, who the hell are they that Newsmax is considered "too corporate."

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Which places? Which issues?

9. DanOregon

I don't understand the beef with the early Iowa call - suppressing the call, delaying the call is pretty much holding on to a result to sell more adds or fake "suspense" when there isn't any. And caucuses are impossible to control in any event because they are public meetings, not secret ballots. I totally agree with the hackery that continues when it comes to Presidential races. Though when the no. 1 issue of Iowa caucus voters is "the border" - there is almost no point in digging deep for insight.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's those damn liberal Minnesotans.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suspect that a fairish proportion of Iowa caucus goers showed up, voted, and left. I can't see many people staying around for lingering debate, between the horrible weather and Trump's big lead.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Iowa is probably 1,000 from the Mexican border (~450 from the Canadian border) and they're worried about a few thousand migrants invading their state. Priorities!

Draft saved Draft deleted