1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Iowa, as a primary state, isn't very representative of the rest of America.

That said, there's a reason those folks are concerned with immigration.

1) Lots and lots and lots of undocumented workers in the slaughterhouses and on the farms and feedlots.

2) Google "Mollie Tibbetts"

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What lies? When Trump was president, a record number of people were unemployed.

franticscribe, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Roughly 3 percent of Iowa's population participated in the primary - half that chose Trump. If the GOP is still dumb enough to use an Iowa party game as a litmus test for who their nominee should be - please proceed. And that the political media seems ready to call the entire primary for Trump is disgraceful.

upload_2024-1-17_3-38-18.jpeg

Tarheel316 and garrow like this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, that is from a 2017 article from FBN that was at that time passed around as 'being reported.' Nothingburger since then and a bunch of X posters dig it up now with the same quotation.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think that's a bunch of bullcrap - A) they were hired by somebody, whether a labor contractor or the corporation. B) Many of these workers have work visas and in the case of Tibbets - her killer was hired by a major Republican donor and leader who lied about verifying his work eligibility using E-verify when his business was not subscribed to it. These companies and businesses have no concern over hiring foreign workers as long as they get a deal and don't have to worry about workman's comp claims.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2024: the president vs. the defendant, the Democrat vs. the demagogue or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate the Don

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I didn't say those concerns were legitimate.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course!

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What if he has dementia?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

MS?

HanSenSE likes this.