1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

C'mon man ... really? I hope this was a joke, because "they all look alike" is an awful template to be working off of.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking at the Heritage Foundation.

But also goes to my point that what's being institutionalized in and on the American Right is Trumpism.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

"The conversative movement"?

There is no movement. And even if there was, there is nothing really "conservative" about it. What there is, is the 30 percent of this country that has bought into the cult of personality of a moronic charlatan / immoral bullshit artist.

Nothing about Ron DeSantis approaches that cult of personality. He fizzled because people find him unlikeable -- and the more they get to know him, the more unlikeable he becomes to them. The 70 percent of everyone else certainly finds him awkward and unlikebale. ... and that 30 percent ain't buying into him or really anyone other than Donald Trump, until perhaps another cartoon character steps up to take the mantle. Unless that happens, take away Trump and it's not a movement. It's back to being a fringe that no one takes seriously.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Curious if turnout tops 280k - what the 2016 primary had.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Kruse :

‘Our System Needs to Be Broken, and He Is the Man to Do It’

So Johnson’s journey from that VFW last fall to how he says he’s set to vote this week — a four-and-a-half-month turnabout from literally wanting to “pull us back together” to literally wanting to “pull it apart” — offers as instructive an insight as I’ve yet encountered into how on earth we are where we are. Trump could be just a disgraced ex-president facing time in prison. Instead, at least for now, he is a durably dominant political force credibly eyeing a return to the White House. And if Trump wins in New Hampshire on Tuesday (and polls say he probably will), and if he beats Joe Biden come November (and polls say he certainly might), it will be because of Johnson and the many thousands of others like him who looked for ways to quit Trump but ultimately couldn’t, didn’t and haven’t — and not remotely reluctantly but with an explicit sense of vengeance.

“He’s a wrecking ball,” Johnson told me here at the place he chose called the Copper Door.

“Everybody’s going to say, ‘Trump is divisive,’” he said, “and he’s going to split the country in half.” He looked at me. “We got it,” he said.

It’s what the Ted Johnsons want.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I want you to be our pollster. You're a lot more optimistic than most.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The law is the law is the law, and everyone is accountable. ... Until it's Trump. Then everything is rigged. o_O

The Ted Johnsons are scary. They are Zombie America.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think 30 percent have totally bought in and another 15 percent will go with it as long as they figure it pencils out for their bank balance and 401k.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Which, of course, begs the question: What guarantee does anyone have that a Trump coronation would increase their bottom line?

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted