1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Interesting cropping for the profile pic. Gotta get those bionic bazooms in there for the Faux Fascist Noise pants-at-ankles senior citizen viewership.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Compassion? You mean, money?

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What a disaster. What a monster. I don't give a f*ck how insecure Harvard types makes his followers feel. This football uni grad says...don't take it out on the whole country. Look at this. LOOOOOOK!

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No matter what happens in NH, if Haley drops out, she's a fool. It's not just wishful thinking, but I don't know if Cheeto Jesus will actually make it to get the nomination.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It is wishful thinking. And it's time to face that he's an existing danger that isn't going away, so clear-thinking Americans need to take measures against it. Like work on the voter base and make it CLEAR he's an existing danger that will eventually have to be eliminated at the polls.

And this is another one of those "actions have consequences" deals. If Trump gets thrown into jail, there will be blood in the streets. And damned if people won't be saying, "We never expected THAT to happen ..."

You can say "I don't care" until you're blue in the face. But it might look differently if/when it occurs.

I Should Coco and wicked like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hate to be so Chicken Little-ish today, but I’m with shotty here to some degree. I don’t know if there’ll be blood on the street, but it won’t be pretty.

I’m sure I’ll feel better after some caffeine.

7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Interesting thread.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about electorally.
    Look at him physically. Every day he is is visibly worse. If he keeled over at any time, it shouldn't be a shock.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The time for that was June 16, 2015.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's going to happen regardless of jail. If he gets his ass kicked at the ballot box, you think he's going to just give a concession speech, say "the people have spoken," and slink away? Fuck no. He'll gin up every goober that supports him, saying it was stolen and rigged and we'll have January 6th 2.0. By the way, anyone considered that some of these polls that show Trump ahead or close with Biden are total made-up bullshit so that, if and when Biden wins again, they can point to those same polls as evidence this was again "taken" from them.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Dixville Notch. That was the most beautiful time, believe me. My dicksville had a lot of fun with those girls from Studio 54, and I put a lot of notches on my bedpost. And afterward, I drank some covefefe and snorted some Coca-cola.”

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Thing is, the vote in Dixville Notch IS kind of rigged. The population was dwindling into nothingness and the town was near disincorporation when some rich guy bought a bunch of property and he and his family became part-time residents. They're all registered independents, but they're really Democrats. Town went unanimously for Biden in 2020 and for Sen. Hassan in 2022.

Draft saved Draft deleted