1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Trump can't afford $84 million because Bidenomics." /Erin Burnett

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That, and apparently J6 shows there’s some truth to the “One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter” thing.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Doesn't want to.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Facts not in evidence.
    If MAGA takes control (by vote - unlikely - or by coup) they have promised to radically change the lives of millions. And not for the better.
    But as you well know one of those changes will allow Russia to take control of Kyiv so anyway.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nope

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/01/27/trump-china-trade-war/

Privately, Trump has discussed with advisers the possibility of imposing a flat 60 percent tariff on all Chinese imports, according to three people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to relay private conversations.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole this morning to look up Captain Kangaroo, which I haven’t seen in at least four decades. It was a nice little dopamine hit of childhood, and the first comment reflected something similar, with the writer wishing she could 5 again and watching in her PJs while lying on the floor. And I could relate to that so I clicked on the replies.

That was a mistake of course, because then there were others droning on about “We need this man today” and “Now it would all be about racial equality and transgenders.”

You see something similar any time you click on a video for old music (and it really doesn’t even matter the decade). “Oh the music was sooooo much better then, not like the crap now.” And “life was so much simpler and everybody got along” and occasionally a Gen Z pick-me declaring they were “born in the wrong decade” and not long after that the overt political stuff comes pouring in.

We are drowning in toxic nostalgia.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The music was indeed very good when I was a teenager and young adult. But 1968 was a horrible year in countless ways. Since I was 18, I had a good time. I'd love to be 18 again, but in 2024 this time, please. No need to replay the shit that happened to others the first time.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I told a bunch of kids yesterday, "If high school is the best four years of your life, then that means you've done nothing with your life." They asked when were the best four years of my life. I said, "I'm living them."

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One of the message boards I babysit was talking about a gambling match between two professional pool players where the amount gambled was staked by bettors. The loser kept the money, telling the winner he needed it to pay legal fees for his child custody battle. He said he would pay him in installments, which the winner agreed to. He walked out and never paid the winner.

A guy commenting said, “the loser becomes the winner. Even gambling has become woke.”

imagine how twisted your brain has to be to have this word on your mind 24-7, desperately needing to interject it into everything. There’s nothing “woke” about this; it’s just a deadbeat.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

also 'nope' for women and people of color.

Likewise people who depend upon government programs for food, shelter, health care, education, a functional legal system, national and international defense, diplomacy and so forth.

So, nope.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted