1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck has on multiple occasions voiced the opinion he doesn't know why we have nuclear weapons if we're not willing to haul off and use them.

He's also opined that he'd like to see us bail out of the nuclear test ban treaty prohibiting above-ground nuclear tests, because he'd love to see the big bombs go boom boom.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Biden is willing to go along with the Senate version of the immigration bill in order to get Ukraine aid through. That bill has more of what the R's want than anything they've seen in many years, and the sane R's want to get it through. I think Biden knows that the worst provisions of that bill are likely to be struck down by the courts, and he also knows that he will be the one appointing the judges who are added to the immigration courts.

I agree that Biden needs to get up in front of the cameras and call them out. "If the border is as big a threat as the Republicans and Fox News say it is, why are they blocking the best immigration bill the Congress has come up with in years? We have negotiated long and hard, and they have gotten most of their desired language into this bill. Instead, they are now blocking their own best effort because Donald Trump wants to use the border as an issue. I'm trying to fix it, and they are going to do nothing about for a year, until the next president? I thought it was an existential danger? Add that Secretary Mayorkas has been instrumental in negotiating the bill in cooperation with the Senate Republicans, while the House Republicans want to impeach him for not doing enough to toughen border enforcement and those same House Republicans block these new, tougher regulations. This does not make sense."

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But enough about Curtis LeMay and Thomas Power.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is another one of those speeches. Starman justice?

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

All hat, no cattle

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

DOJ and DOD both need to review what went on here.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ok, if you insist

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I usually do feel exactly this way about Presidents/politicians.

But I don't have that belief when it comes to Trump. Between his total lack of care for the environment, his apparent alliances with Putin and Kim Jong Un, his carelessness with, and probably even sharing of, national-security secrets, his purposeful lying and performative words and actions concerning the last election and the Jan. 6 idiocy, and his embarrassingly unprofessional, un-Presidential manner, he is truly a potentially dangerous candidate who I think should not be considered by anybody for election. He does not care about elections, our government or our country.

I cannot believe he is the best the Republican party has to offer.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dontradiction

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

The thread that follows the image printed on black is fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted