1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s what the State of the Union address is for. I’m not sure when this nonsense started, but this seems like a good time to end it.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

the kid with the lit'rally charmed life, with the scarf dashingly wrapped about the neck (not tightly enough unfortunately).

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Spreading The Great Replacement theory is about two months from being a plank in the GOP’s convention.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

For about 40 years the Afrikaaners have been absolutely dead set everything went to hell after the kaffirs started getting set loose from their chicken wire shacks.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Once again, virtually all ordinary mortals would be instantly slammed in prison on contempt charges if they ever breathed such a thing in an official deposition

but that would make the old men in the diner sad and we mustn't do that

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He does know he's running for another term this year - right? This is really insane. The SB interview typically isn't a toughy - and if he can't sit for an interview with whomever CBS wanted - let alone try and pick his interviewer - it raises more questions than it answers. Like, who is running his campaign? I get a serious Hillary '16 - and Hillary '08 - vibe from his campaign. You have to go out and take it - not expect people to "settle" for you because the other option is untenable. It isn't like the communication strategy has done great things for his poll numbers thus far.

8. Starman

And now if he does an interview it'll look like he was hounded into it

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Counterpoint: It’s also OK to let people avoid politics on Super Bowl Sunday.

There’s 9 months of this campaign coming up with an already weary electorate (for those paying attention). It promises to be the dumbest year on record with the trumplican campaign.

I pay attention to politics far too much. And I don’t think I’ve ever watched the Super Bowl interview, regardless of the president. As you said, it’s friendly fluff. What’s the point?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    UNCGrad, melock, swingline and 3 others like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pure MAGA

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In the course of a long sportswriting career and an even longer (much) life watching live sports, I have never, ever seen a politician, no matter the party or their ideology, have anything happen but getting the shit booed out of them. In my day, the President did a video greeting to fans shone on the Super Bowl scoreboard before the game. Both Bushes and Clinton, booed to the max. Veteran (and how) pol Biden, also a sports fan, has doubtless heard his share of catcalls. If he concluded that the reaction of a TV sudience would be the same, he's on firm ground.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Care to provide an example?

Draft saved Draft deleted