1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I will die on this hill: Biden should have picked Tammy Duckworth. She checked the woman and minority boxes, but was also a decorated combat veteran who lost her legs in a crash. She would have inoculated the Biden administration against criticism about the military and the Trumpies couldn't have ripped her like they do Harris because of that.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Soon enough Jack will have a bellyful and will file for recusal.

Hey, my first successful post-X posting!

garrow likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If Smith loses this battle and is forced to turn over that list, and some idiot Maga-asshat from Stuart kills someone, Cannon should be prosecuted for criminal facilitation.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Looks from the responses like the Trumpers want the witness info stat and are willing to burn Cannon.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At some point - given the judicial errors - why not just strip Cannon from the case? Its truly terrible that if Trump is acquitted - that is it. No recourse. But he can appeal.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

BTE, we are talking about veteran highly ambitious (if you want to change that adverb to psychotically you'll get no argument from me) Democratic elected officials with long experience in politics. It's THEIR judgment I'm talking about. Argue with them. IMO they know a fuck of a lot more about the current situation than you or I, especially as it pertains to themselves personally.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And in four years, you'll suddenly have 24 highly ambitious people clamoring for a nomination that today they ostensibly view as having zero chance to win against an octogenarian in obvious decline.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's politics, man. Veteran pols don't fight unless they think they have at least a 50 percent chance of winning. Also "in obvious decline" is bullshit. As a native Delawarean, I can assure you Joe Biden has been mixing up names since he was 30 at least. It's a quirk of trying to suppress a stutter. Show me where in the three plus years of his administration there has been any indication of inability to perform his duties. I mean, besides the evidence supplied by Russia Today.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I’m glad we’ve reached the, if you don’t vote for me, they’ll change the state’s name, portion of the campaign

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah great. Fatfuck is a full throttle fascist who will start the ball rolling to reinstitute slavery. How thrilled would they be with that?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure they would have. Fatfuck would take to calling her "Stumpy" at his pep rallies and sing a version of ZZ Top for her: "She's got legs, she knows how to lose them," and then go on about "I like war heroes who don't lose their legs."

And the old men in the diners would snigger with glee. "That's tellin it like it is!!"

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

franticscribe and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted