1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Garcia/Balint (or vice versa) will be a tandem likely in '28, maybe '32.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m stockpiling chocolate. Folks are willing to do more for chocolate in a crisis than silver or gold. Of course it’s necessary from time to time to dive into the pile and eat any chocolate that’s nearing its expiration date and replenish it with new. Any good survivalist knows that.

OscarMadison, maumann, wicked and 2 others like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "party" believes its only "function" is to suck Fatfuck's toadstool.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stockpile isn’t the right word, but if I sense that nuclear war is imminent I’ll spring for a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Then when the EBS alert sounds for the missiles, I’ll pour myself three fingers and sit on the porch to watch the pretty mushroom cloud.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Just think how many are lined up outside Arriaga II!

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Except everything that is going on is because McCarthy set it in motion 15-20 years ago. So fuck their nostalgia and fuck them for putting the country in this position, but McCarthy was no better. He was just better at disguising it. He was just as feckless as Johnson.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

“Old Farts Armageddon”

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

That was 1994, not 1993. What kind of GenXer are YOU?!?!?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Democrats didn't lift a finger to help McCarthy because they didn't trust him to keep his word even in writing. Johnson has shown no signs of being different in that regard, but McCarthy was also an excellent fundraiser. Johnson is no better at that than at anything else, so the Dems might help keep him around because having a patsy lead the other side is very helpful.

Neutral Corner and Driftwood like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Go down using the right 3 fingers ...

[​IMG]

As an aside, Hicox is introduced in a whiskey scene, and dies in a whiskey scene.

... which was written about too: https://whiskyadvocate.com/the-whisky-lovers-quentin-tarantino-companion/

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted