1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Help me here with Republican logic. If Biden's grandfather (supposedly) was shady, so Biden must be also, by genetics. So if Boebert's kid is a thief ...

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I would add that Alabama AG Steve Marshall is the reddest of red meat slingers and politically utterly spineless, one wet finger to the wind at all times. In his own slimy way he is every bit as bad as Ken Paxton in Texas. I absolutely don't blame the Alabama IVF clinics for responding to his "Oh, I'd *never* prosecute those baby making IVF clinics" with supreme skepticism and a "That's very nice, but we're going to remain shut down until the state lege passes a law clarifying things."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Beau on Michigan and the political movement for Dems there to vote uncommitted. They won enough votes to gain the political capital needed to get the Biden campaign to pick up the phone. Ok, you have their attention, what are you going to do now?

4. Neutral Corner

What's going on has likely pushed the case to the other side of the election. In that sense Trump has already won.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Crazy how the party of personal responsibility has been at the forefront of rolling back open disclosures laws under the B.S. notion of security.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ross Douthat will stop by next hour to explain why this is bad news for Jill Biden.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A Little Rock food writer heard through the grapevine a new chef was working at the Governor's mansion. He emailed the press office and didn't get a response. He emailed again, including an FOIA request, and got back a letter from the legal counsel that the name of the governor's chef fell under the "working papers" exclusion and wasn't FOIA-able.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I, we, can't have another term of Trump, a walking Frontline episode.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've said this before. If you are part of a marginalized and don't vote for Biden out of petulance, then you deserve whatever is coming your way.

wicked, matt_garth and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

I agree and disagree. The primary for an incumbent President is the perfect time to make a protest vote. Biden still got 80%. The people who were calling for votes to Uncommitted to register disapproval with the Administration over Gaza set a goal of 10,000 votes. That's not really enough to get on the radar of a national campaign. They actually got over 100,000 votes, 13% or so, and that could swing a close election. You can bet that the Biden campaign noticed.

The problem is that the policy that they're pushing for is "cease fire now", and Biden has no way to deliver that. They've been pushing for Israel to moderate their response since before the military campaign begun.

If this group votes against Biden in the general or simply does not vote over the issue, that's when they're throwing out the baby with the bath water.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What exactly does the “yay for Palestine” voting bloc think Jewish voters would do if we cut off Israel cold turkey?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted