1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sad!

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You owe John Forsythe an apology. Maybe Aaron Spelling, too.

(But yeah ... that was funny.)

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Opinion | Arab American Fury Toward Biden

Awad said he doesn’t like Trump and doesn’t welcome a second Trump term, but he’s prepared to accept that outcome for the sake of punishing Biden. “I’m going to live under Trump, because I survived under Trump, because he’s my enemy,” he says. “I cannot live under someone who pretends to be my friend.”

He believes that proving a point about the power of the Muslim vote is worth it. “Is it going to be painful? Four more years under Trump?” he asks. “I say yes, and we are bracing for it,” adding, “At least what I have accomplished is, I told every politician, ‘Don’t take us out of the equation, because you will miss.’”

Walid said that in a lesser-of-two-evils debate, Trump was, in some ways, the lesser. As he put it, “As bad as Mr. Trump’s rhetoric was, and him putting a travel ban on five Muslim countries, he wasn’t overseeing and actively arming a genocide.” It’s a view that echoes the sentiment expressed in the headline of an October opinion essay for Al Jazeera by Haidar Eid, an associate professor at Al Aqsa University in Gaza: “In dehumanizing the Palestinians, Biden had surpassed Trump.”

But what about the many Americans who might be horrified at the suggestion that they might just have to live through another Trump administration? No important change is going to be painless, Awad said, before invoking the name of Aaron Bushnell, the active-duty senior airman who died after setting himself on fire on Sunday in front of the Israeli Embassy in Washington while yelling, “Free Palestine!”

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

They’re morons. They whine about not getting everything and end up with Trump. Yeah, they’re better off, aren’t they?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Alma is 24 hours late beating off to Michigan primary returns. What can you even count on in this world anymore?

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I have a different take based on Merrick's performance to date. Foot-dragging on him was perhaps a blessing in disguise. He likely would have been Obama's John Paul Stevens.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd be ok if its Cornyn or Thune taking over for Mitch. Which probably means there is no chance in hell

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Little Johnny has a happy home and two mommies
    But MAGA freaks call 'em sinners, groomers and commies
    Little Johnny wants books about families like his, but those are all banned
    Thrown out of the library on the criminal's command
    God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
    'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to lose

Then you really might know what it's like (what it's like)
    Then you really might know what it's like

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two things about that article. The author spoke to activists, not regular Arab-American voters. CAIR is to that community as the ADL (which doesn't care for Biden either) is to the Jewish one. Each is an advocacy organization which speaks often in high heat. The chapter in Michigan has also spoken out in opposition to LGBTQ rights and abortion. And if Biden wins re-election, he won't listen to them ever again. If Biden loses, this organization will be a pariah to both parties. When Trump starts Muslim bans and lets Bibi ethnic cleanse Gaza and the West Bank, CAIR will go to Democrats and hear "tough shit, guys."

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to (maybe) get current on which property he still owns outright; which he's already mortgaged; and those to which he simply leases the name.

Likewise, which bank will throw him the lifeline.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted