1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

it’s basically the same words for 5-9 but with “enta” at the end
    Cincuenta
    Sesenta
    Setenta
    Ochenta
    Noventa

2. Spartan Squad

Right now, I agree. It’s a problem, especially for those who wanted someone younger. But let’s wait to see what fuckery Trump and the courts pull between now and November. Especially this IVF debate. We may see a progressive wave come through to save Biden.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

The other thing, we don’t ditch presidents when the economy is good and we don’t otherwise have major grievances. Bush I lost on economy and taxes. Carter lost on inflation. Ford lost on Nixon. LBJ would have lost on Vietnam. Hoover lost on the economy.

Trump lost on Covid.

So let’s see what jobs look like and let’s see how confident people will be that they’ll keep theirs.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Depends.

If "65 and older" is the stereotypical Trump voter, there are more than ever. And the number will continue to rise until at least 2029, when the last Boomer turns 65.

Conversely, with a miniscule U.S. birth rate for the past several years, the small number turning 18 should have you worried.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Follow the Family Guy model.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump is first POTUS candidate in history to have headlines about his appeal....but in the legal sense of the word. Think about that.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

But Gavin Newsome is handing out voter registration forms to the illegals in our country as they cross border. The Dems want new voters, and their kids to go to woke schools to get indoctrinated by gay teachers. Or something to that effect, I heard it on Fox News.

matt_garth likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every poll and the primary results to date show that Democrats are satisfied with if not delirious about Biden. In polling, when he trails Trump, it's because he's doing poorly with "independents", the group of voters who in polling by their own admission are currently paying the least attention to the election. These non-, indeed, anti-political people will decide the outcome.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

See also ability to convince rubes that:

-He's too rich to steal
    -Any attempt, no matter how likely to succeed, to thwart his rampant criminality is a grave, unjust attack on him....and them

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I always thought of "independent" as "not a Republican and not a Democrat," not "paying no attention."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the implication is that an independent who’d “vote” for Trump in a poll is not paying attention for the time being .

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At some point Stephen Miller needs to be eliminated.

Draft saved Draft deleted