1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Exactly right. Even more than six years later, I remember all of it.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado law specifies that "when any vacancy occurs in the office of representative in congress from this state, the governor shall set a day to hold a congressional vacancy election to fill the vacancy and cause notice of the election to be given," Colorado's Revised Statute reads.

However, the special election can't be held 90 days before a general election.

The primary is June 25.

4. Neutral Corner

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

BTE-

part of western arrogance, pronouncing one's name how you wish.

It's not like VladEEEEmir isn't one of the most famous people on earth.

I've heard Trump objectively praised for his oratorical skills. People really do believe the man is a good speaker.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

GOPr*ck

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It's all so ridiculously stupid.

Every single person in Congress has taken classification and security trainings. And all the trainings say the same thing. Breaking the rules which govern the handling of classified material is a violation. A violation is not always criminal. To rise to the level of criminality, one must show "willful retention." You've got to prove it in court, where, "beyond a reasonable doubt" is the standard and, "oops I didn't know I had that," can be hard to overcome.

So Biden having shit in his garage is a violation, but not necessarily criminal. Trump having stuff in his shitter is a violation, but not necessarily criminal. Hillary having stuff on her server is a violation, but not necessarily criminal.

.... but Trump having stuff in his shitter, and then committing obvious Obstruction of Justice to retain said "stuff" makes the willfull retention bar very, very easy to clear for a prosecutor.

But we live in the dumbest of timelines, so the GOP has to pretend it's the same.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hmm.

"Speaker Jeffries" is trending. How close is it from happening?

[​IMG]

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I read this but not sure if it's true: Boebert would have to resign to run in the special election, thus shrinking the trumplican majority to 1 seat. Whomever wins the special will have an advantage in the fall, right? So is this Buck absolutely screwing over the trailer-trash moron Boebert?

If so, I love it.

12. Neutral Corner

Speaker Jeffries could happen. All it would take is a few votes from pissed off Republicans.

Draft saved Draft deleted