1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Carter was at the 715 game and later invited Aaron for a visit to the Oval.

[​IMG]

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He’s awfully concerned for a guy who once said he was through with the Senate because it didn’t offer a big enough platform.

Jake from State Farm and garrow like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One of the attorneys was a Trump Terrorist on 1/6. The other has been admitted to the Texas bar “for this occasion only.”

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Really belongs on the other thread, but:

Since You're Gone

I can't help it
    Everything's a mess
    I can't help it
    You're so treacherous

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It stopped being funny 8 weeks ago.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ron Klein and Bruce Reed, Biden’s chief of staff and deputy chief of staff are doing an amazing job of actually being ready on minute 1. Someone above said this and it bares repeating, Biden is a great businessman and leader. So far it does seem he’s surrounded himself with very qualified people, who don’t have their own agendas, and he gave them the latitude to do the job.

One of Clinton and Obama’s biggest problems, and what made them president, was the force of their personality. And the accumulated smart people, but with strong personalities also. Biden seems to be a technocrat president, not a Prophet of Change and Hope.

maumann likes this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm actually a little disappointed in myself at the level to which I, for the last few days, have celebrated basic competence.

HanSenSE, Mngwa, garrow and 6 others like this.
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I recommend "Shattered," by Jonathan Allen (NBC) and Amie Parnes (The Hill). Really showed how Hillary blew it. I still blame her, in part, for the last four years. She had every advantage. It was almost like an incumbent running. She took her base for granted.

Actually, let's play some revisionist history. If Hillary wins in 2016, does Trump run against her in 2020 and what would have been the outcome. I'm assuming no international flare-ups, the economy more or less doing what it did without the massive tax cut and Hillary handling the pandemic better than Trump, which is like saying Patrick Mahomes will handle the Chiefs better when he takes over for Chad Henne.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In this case, the legalese that is used in suits such as this to identify the plaintiffs is appropriate: "Come now ..."
    As in "Oh, come on now!"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the last four years wouldn't have been a lot different frankly if she won. She would have been impeached for "something" and not convicted. Congress would have said no to everything she wanted. And I don't even know if "Me Too" ever happens - it really seemed to come about as a backlash to Trump winning. Lauer, O'Reilly, Charlie Rose all still on the air...Weinstein, et. al.

2muchcoffeeman and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted